Are you an Android Developer who wants to work with a scale up on a digital entertainment app which is at the forefront of the “new normal” way of socialising?
Are you looking to work somewhere you’re part of a team, who take pride in working together?
Does working within a team who are straight forward, constantly challenge themselves and are constantly learning with a genuine love for what they’re creating appeal?
We are WOLF, a fast-growing community-oriented messaging and gaming app for both Android and iOS. We’re currently growing and expanding the team and we need someone to join us and strengthen our Android Development team.
You’ll be joining an established team of Android Engineers, and your role will require you to collaborate alongside our team of Server and Client developers, Project Managers, Product Owners, Designers, QA and external beta testers. You’ll be looking to develop, improve and innovate on our Android app, writing clean, maintainable and extendable code.
It goes without saying, we’re looking for someone with technical knowledge; you’ll need to have experience in Android SDK Development using Android Studio in Kotlin and experience of using SCM tools (preferably git).
If you know what you’re doing with Android Architecture Components / MVVM pattern / Unit testing & TDD / Material Design/ Dependency injection,/ Code reviews and pair programming, well, that would be a huge bonus! This role is well suited to someone who is a team player, really, we’re not just saying that! We want someone who can work collaboratively. Many of us work remotely, and this will be an option in this role, but that won’t take away from your ability to liaise with your team to ensure things are running smoothly.
- Be part of our Android Development Team implementing new features and maintaining existing codebase. Develop, improve and innovate on our Android app, writing clean, maintainable and extendable code
- Collaborate alongside Server and Client developers, Project Managers, Product Owners, Designers, QA and external beta testers
- Provide insight to the technical and behavioural direction of the products
Required skills and experience:
- Be self-motivated, like to explore and organize your code
- Have a solid background in Android SDK Development using Android Studio in Kotlin
- Have working experience on SCM tools (preferably git)
- Think like a team member, not a code-monkey
You’ll be required to come in to the office twice a week.
- Work with Android Architecture Components such as Room, LiveData, ViewModel, WorkManager, Compose, etc
- Have understanding or experience of Coroutines and Flows
- Use Dependency Injection with Dagger2
- Do Unit Testing, TDD and/or automated UI testing
- Be familiar with Material Design guidelines
- Be familiar with code reviews and pair programming
- Fine tune third party SDK’s and libraries in a complex UX ecosystem