About the job
Do you have accounts experience? Do you have the drive and desire to grow your career in management accounts?
Would you like to work with a Start-up on a digital entertainment app which is at the forefront of the “new normal” way of socialising?
Are you looking to work somewhere you are part of a team, who take pride in working together?
Does working within a team who relaxed, yet focused and constantly challenge themselves and are constantly learning with a genuine love for what they’re creating appeal?
Who are we?
The World’s Online Festival (or WOLF for short) is a fast-growing community-oriented platform dedicated to bringing the magic of real-world festivals to the online world – uniting people across the globe in discovery, entertainment and belonging. WOLF is a space for freedom and creativity in your online life—whether that’s participating in live shows, chatting, or discovering talent – all wrapped up in a fun community.
Based in the heart of Shoreditch, WOLF are now looking to hire an experienced Assistant Management Accountant with a hands-on approach to their work to join our small London team providing support to the whole business. The role is a steep learning curve and will give you exposure to wide remit of Finance activity, supporting the Financial Controller in expanding the Finance team and streamlining reporting.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced management accountant to become part of our growing outsourcing team. We are looking for someone who is forward thinking, adaptive and willing to implement change.
This role is a great opportunity for someone looking to step into a wider Management Accounts role as there will be the opportunity to support the Financial Controller on the preparation of monthly management reporting. Therefore, the ideal candidate will have prior experience working as a Finance Assistant or Bookkeeper, with some understanding of Financial Statements.
Your key responsibilities:
- Processing supplier invoices and preparing regular payment runs across the group in multiple currencies in Xero
- Processing bank reconciliations for multiple accounts/currencies
- Reconciling customer receipts from a variety of payment platforms including Paypal, Checkout and Braintree
- Processing and reconciling credit card statements for all the companies in the group
- Assisting with employee expense claims
- Assist with regular reconciliation of all control account
- Process quarterly VAT returns to meet regulations for UK, Saudi Arabia, UAE and MOSS, with support from FC
- Assist with month end reporting including; reconciliation of monies received from payment merchants; preparing schedules of prepayments and accruals; Maintaining fixed asset registers; inter-company reconciliations
- Preparing Group Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet Reports on a monthly basis
- Work with the HR Team to process monthly payroll
- Assist and support with preparation for year end close ahead of audits
- Working closely with the FC on any ad-hoc projects
- From time to time, to travel to Newcastle for Company Updates /team meetings. (Please note this is infrequent
What we are looking for;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic to intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with accounting software
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Hands on, pragmatic approach to your work, prepared to roll their sleeves up and help out at all levels of the finance processing