We’re currently growing and expanding the team and we need an experienced Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to work on cutting edge cloud solutions.
We’re in the midst of a high-growth period and as part of a small team, you’ll have experience with infrastructure as code (e.g. AWS CloudFormation), with cache frameworks, networking and high traffic systems.
Our high throughput systems run 24/7 so you’ll need to be quick to react with an excellent attention to detail and on occasion you may be called upon out of hours (luckily our system rarely goes down).
We’ve listed below the things we’re looking for, but we can offer the opportunity to learn any missing skill set gaps if you need.
Day to day, you’ll get involved in the following tasks:
- Instance/Host configuration, network configuration, and infrastructure administration
- Maintenance and deployment of existing or new services through AWS Cloudformation and AWS CDK
- Maintaining, monitoring, and alert management of our existing services
- Promotion of security, and working with teams to adhere to policy
- Working with our external AWS consultants
- Maintenance/Improvement of build automation and continuous delivery processes
- Out of hours support
If your experience matches some of these, you’re off to a good start:
- Experience with infrastructure management
- Familiarity with cloud technologies and providers (or a desire to learn them)
- Keen interest in DevOps and Infrastructure
- Monitoring services (eg. Cloudwatch, Datadog, Grafana, Telegraf)
- Experience with infrastructure as code (eg. AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, AWS CDK)
- Experience with networking, highly available, and high traffic systems
- Container/Virtualisation (eg. ECS, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Knowledge of MySQL databases (eg. RDS, Mysql replication and storage layouts)
- Practical experience for No-SQL databases (eg. DynamoDB, MongoDB)
- Source Control (eg. Git, SVN)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem investigation and diagnosis skills
- AWS experience/certification
- 4 years or more commercial development
- Experience working with configuration management and deployment tools across the full project lifecycle
- Linux installation, configuration and hands-on system administration skills
- Agile Environment Experience